#02 - Feedbackr – Addendum to #01
The easiest way to interact with your students
More advantages of an audience response system
- Increased student attention
- Enhanced knowledge transfer
- Increased willingness to participate thanks to anonymity: Students are free to ask about something unknown without having to expose themselves or being afraid to ask a „stupid question“. Additionally, teachers‘ bias towards certain students can be prevented.
- Pre-formulated questions can be sent directly to teachers (anonymously). Often formulating a question is a great challenge for students - it requires students to know exactly where the problem lies. This gives students more time to think about their question and put it in concrete terms.
- Create interactive teaching environments: feedbackr offers the possibility to compare oneself and one‘s results with those of other participants. Thus, it creates interactivity in the lecture hall which leads to a changed teaching situation. By involving students, personal interest in the topic and in teaching is increased.
- Real-time-feedback: Students and teachers can see immediately which knowledge and competences have been gained and where there is still need for further explanation.
- Data acquisition and analysis: Due to its web-based nature, feedbackr - in contrast to votes by raising your hand - allows to save, display and analyze the results. This allows teachers to record developments over time and students to view their individual progress.
Clarissa Braun & Karin Pichler